80+ Beautiful Modern Kitchen Design Ideas for 2023
14 Mins Read
January 01, 2023
Jump ahead to:
Modern Kitchen Design Ideas
Jump ahead to:
The kitchen is more or less the focus of the home today. A great kitchen design can give clues to how the rest of the house can and should develop. Regardless of the kitchen size the glamour and fashion are inevitable. Kitchen designs are inspirations. They inspire the soul to welcome beauty. A good-looking kitchen defines a sound,one-wall medium-sized happy family. So, the modern design of the kitchen is crucial to a modern house.
Modern kitchen design consists of sleek, angular, and simple designs featuring little hardware, flush doors, and flat surfaces. They are usually of geometric forms and they contain little or no ornamentation or adornments.
The kitchen designs, modern or traditional, have some distinctive features themselves. Whereas traditional kitchen styles often focus more of their design on natural materials for cabinets, countertops, floors, and furniture, modern kitchen designs depart from this aesthetic fairly frequently, often featuring man-made materials like laminate, ceramics, and molded plastics. That’s not to say that modern kitchens can’t, shouldn’t, or don’t feature man-made materials.
The focus of modern kitchens is different from that of traditional kitchens. Though they seem to contain the traditional designs often, yet the main target is to keep it simple. The view must not be very decorative yet it needs to be sleek, sexy, and sophisticated designed to keep the clutter to a minimum.
Read also – Best Kitchen Design Software
Designs, the likelihood of designs, and appropriateness are dependent factors. However, they can be categorized into three streams:
Small Modern Kitchen Design Ideas:
Mid-sized Modern Kitchen Design Ideas:
Large Modern Kitchen Design Ideas:
Of which, every single kitchen idea can have multiple sub-streams defining the modern kitchen ideas of different countries, cultures, and traditions.
It’s really not mandatory that each of the sub-stream designs has to fit within the correct class because each of them can be modified to fit into the other streams depending on the size availability, budget planning, and choice preference of the user.
When summarizing, some common trends can be found in the small modern kitchen ideas between all the individual designs:
Read also – Top 22 Kitchen Desing Trends
1. This is a small-sized U-shaped kitchen design. The lighting in the kitchen may vary from project to project. Bright lighting is used mostly in small-sized kitchens.
Image Credit: semihandmade.com
2. A small-sized kitchen and hence very shiny surfaces are used. It is a modern design that follows the L-shaped kitchen design. There is also a kid’s dining area.
3. The cabinets, shelves and floorings are of the matchings. They need to go altogether. The earthy colors of the furniture give a natural and fresh vibe.
Read also – 6 Best Kitchen Decor Ideas
4. A stunning small-sized Modern Kitchen Design. Generally in small-sized kitchens very simple furniture is used. No ornamentation or exterior models are imprinted for the sake of simplicity.
5. The kitchens are mostly using the Nordic theme which is to keep it simple but aristocratic. Too much furniture isn’t kept. Mostly the use of furniture is solved by shelves and wall-mounted cabinets and drawers.
6. Here is another example of a white fresh natural kitchen idea that is perfect for small kitchens. Simple yet stunning.
Read also – 57 Best Kitchen Design Ideas
7. A small-sized kitchen and hence very shiny surfaces are used. It is also a modern design that follows the L-shaped kitchen design. Bright lighting is used.
8. Too much furniture isn’t kept. Mostly the use of furniture is solved by shelves and wall-mounted cabinets and drawers.
9. U-shaped small with European kitchen design. Gentle floorings are used that should match up with the rest of the furniture in the room. Plenty of storage space available.
Read also – 10 Best Kitchen Remodeling Ideas
10. Following the new England designs. Too much furniture isn’t kept. Very shiny surfaces are used. Bright lighting is used.
11. A purely luxurious L-shaped kitchen that has an Arizona tile design.
12. This one is an example that follows the Galley design in a small kitchen. These narrow kitchens can be cozy, stylish, and functional.
Read also – 12 Best Design Tips for Your Kitchen Renovation
13. Little house State street design. The cabinets, shelves and floorings are of the matchings. They need to go altogether.
14. For those of you who are interested in western European Kitchen Designs. This is from a Dutch small apartment. Modern kitchens are often seen to use a concrete table for dining and keeping stuff.
15. A small kitchen following European design. Just see the minimalist styles and great functionality of European kitchen cabinets.
Read also – 8 Best Kitchen Cabinet Design Ideas
16. A great example of a one-wall kitchen. Great for compact spaces.
17. One wall kitchen. Now it is time to save spaces with “one wall kitchen” designs.
18. Big chill kitchen in small space.
Read also – Best Kitchen Layout Ideas
19. Simple yet stunning. Has an Arizona tile design. Gentle floorings are used that should match up with the rest of the furniture in the room.
20. An example of a small-sized Standard kitchen design. It is one of the common trends that can be found in Small Modern kitchens.
21. L-shaped small kitchen design. It gives pleasant vibes and aroma. It should be as it is the place where food is prepared.
Read also – Best Bathroom Lighting Ideas
22. It is an L-shaped standard-sized kitchen. It is most common in the shape that is followed in Indian kitchens.
23. A typical U-shaped small kitchen design. It has plenty of storage space. The cabinets, shelves and floorings are of the matchings. They need to go altogether.
24. Another example of a U-shaped design and very shiny surfaces are used.
Read also – 5 Design Guidelines for Small Bathroom
25. This one is an example that follows the Galley design in a small kitchen. This dark theme matches perfectly with the galley design.
26. This galley design proves that you don’t need a lot of space and money to have the dream kitchen in your small apartment.
27. The small-sized kitchens are mostly using the Nordic theme which is to keep it simple but aristocratic.
Read also – 50 Amazing Front Porch Decorating Ideas
Either small or midsize, two particular things are perfect fittings for a modern kitchen.
Pendant lights – One of the easiest ways to bring the mixture of light and shade into the room is to use the pendant lights. The big bright beautiful lights are one of the essentials of modern kitchen designs. The pendant light is incredibly versatile. With so many options to choose from its size, shape, style, color it doesn’t wait to explain why it is increasingly popular these days.
Marble countertops – If not seen properly earlier, then it is advisable to check that most of the modern kitchens use marble countertops in the walls, or the basin place or even in the dining table. Why so? Honed marble has a soft, satin finish rather than a glossy shine – a look that many homeowners prefer. It serves the purpose of modern kitchen designs: simple, elegant yet gorgeous.
Read also – Best Kitchen Lighting Ideas
28. Has marble countertops. It can provide stain protection: A sealer is used to fill the pores below the stone’s surface. So, it becomes less susceptible to stains.
29. It’s a medium-sized kitchen that follows the peninsula kitchen designs.
30. A mid-century kitchen design. Adding mid-century styles to your cooking space can make space feel more personal.
Read more – 50 Fabulous Patio Design Ideas
31. A medium kitchen wood cabinet. It is a woodland kitchen and has earthy tones which give a natural vibe.
32. Here is a stunning template for your renovation. It has countertops made up of marble. The cabinets, shelves and floorings are of the matchings. They need to go altogether.
33. A perfect example of a medium-sized country-style kitchen. It is one of the most gorgeous and extensive country-style kitchens. It also has pendant lights to add a touch of elegance.
Read also – Best Home Decorating Ideas
34. The pendant lights are one of the essentials of modern kitchen designs. The big lights will beautifully provide accurate light on the table.
35. One-light mini pendant lights with seeded glass shade and brushed nickel finish which adds retro style.
36. It has both pendant light and marble countertops. A look that many homeowners will prefer.
Read also – Best Dining Room Ideas
37. A clear example of marble countertops. This Natural stone is costly. And expensive things add uncommon value to the house.
38. An example of backsplash trends from DIYNetwork.com. This will change the entire look of your kitchen.
39. This is a medium-sized kitchen with white shaker cabinets and a white veined quartz countertop.
Read also – Best Gaming Room Decor Ideas
40. This is a medium-sized U-shaped kitchen design. The lighting in the kitchen may vary from project to project. It has enough storage space to keep the space clean.
41. One wall kitchen in medium-sized spaces. Now it is time to save spaces with “one wall kitchen” designs. It also has Black Natural Stone Countertops, White Cabinets with Black Hardware which is the reason why it stands out from the rest.
42. Both aesthetically and functionally, countertops are the most important for a kitchen.
Read also – 10 Best Porch Design Ideas
43. A Colonial kitchen design. If you have an old-fashioned house and you want to renovate your kitchen, then this is the design you should go for.
44. This is a kitchen island paradise. The island in sets of three gives them the directed task of lighting.
45. A farmhouse theme like the one below will transform your kitchen into a rustic country paradise. It will add a dash of uniqueness to your kitchen decor.
Read also – 30 Best Living Room Interior Design Ideas
46. This is a medium-sized U-shaped kitchen design that follows the country style. Has marble countertops. Marble is heat resistant. Thus, it makes it a strong fit for places such as islands, counters, vanities and all the other places near the fire.
47. The marble countertop design. It can provide stain protection. A sealer is used to fill the pores below the stone’s surface. So, it becomes less susceptible to stains.
48. It is an award-winning bar design that is perfect for medium-sized and large-sized kitchens. The big bright beautiful lights are one of the essentials of modern kitchen designs.
Read also – Best Master Bedroom Ideas
49. Again a bar design with pendant lights on top and white cabinets. The cabinets, shelves and floorings are of the matchings. They need to go altogether.
50. Every slab looks unique. A farmhouse design with a woodland kitchen and has earthy tones which give a natural vibe.
51. Has marble countertops. It can provide stain protection: A sealer is used to fill the pores below the stone’s surface. So, it becomes less susceptible to stains.
Read also – 14 Best Studio Apartment Decorating Ideas
52. The pendant light is incredibly versatile. With so many options to choose its size, shape, style, color it doesn’t wait to explain why it is increasingly popular these days.
53. Another unique pendant light design. These Pendant lights can be used in bedrooms as well. They are decorative elements and can retain and resemble unique arts.
54. These pendant lights create an ambient light mood with a dimmer switch. The cabinets are open here in this kitchen to add more uniqueness to the design.
Read also – 10 Best Small House Design Ideas
Traditional kitchens didn’t have many appliances hence the decoration was made of different furniture and fashions. However, in a modern kitchen, the appliances themselves are a part of the show of the décor of the kitchen. A large modern kitchen requires all the essential appliances to be out in the open for regular use and not tucked away inside a wardrobe or something.
55. Gorgeous large modern kitchen ideas have a luxurious theme. Once the country background is in place, accessories and collections allow you to personalize the space and add those perfect finishing touches.
56. Large luxurious kitchen for large families. The marble countertop design. It can provide stain protection.
57. It is an Italian Kitchen design.
Read also – 10 Best Terrace Design Ideas
58. A very stylish appliance used in modern kitchens is the undermount sink. No matter the kitchen size, the sink makes the kitchen look 50 years forward.
59. Large-sized traditional kitchen design which has countertops with marble and cabinets showing the pure color of the wood.
60. Of course bringing these designs, that too in a large kitchen is expensive. Because this Natural stone is costly. But expensive things add uncommon value to the house.
Read also – 14 Best Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
61. Though all the appliances come under many colors, yet it’s by default, considered that stainless steel will be the best suit for the modern kitchen ideas, let it be small, medium or large-sized.
62. A large L-shaped kitchen with Very simple furniture is used. No ornamentation or exterior models are imprinted for the sake of simplicity.
63. As the kitchen is a place of regular use of water, it’s wise to use such a color that doesn’t wear off. And such a color is stainless steel.
Read also – 15 Best Guest Bedroom Ideas
64. The warm, welcoming feeling we get when we see homey gingham curtains, beaded-board paneling, or a deep farmhouse sink may stem from a fond childhood memory of grandmother’s house or a pleasing picture in our minds from an old movie or television show.
65. Stunning Hamptons large kitchen design that you will love for sure.
66. A country kitchen has an undeniable appeal. All share the fundamental design, color and characteristics of the style.
Read also – Best Home Gardening Ideas
67. The traditional farmhouse look endures in kitchen design today.
68. An abundance of white permeates most country kitchens and sets the stage for softer hues like pale straw or sage green.
69. Country kitchen with Natural material and weathered surfaces give newer country kitchens a lived-in character.
Read also – 7 Best Outhouse Design Ideas
70. Country kitchens mostly use vintage designs. Color-coordinated dinnerware looks especially pleasing behind glass.
71. Once the country background is in place, accessories and collections allow you to personalize the space and add those perfect finishing touches. Baskets, blue canning jars, and vintage ceramics such as yellow-ware mixing bowls or ironstone pitchers are all classic choices.
72. The fact that the under-mount sink is installed on the island itself creates the theme of a modern kitchen idea. Because no extra space is being consumed for the setup.
Read also – Best Master Bathroom Design Ideas
73. Best window kitchen option. It is fairly simple and very modern in terms of looks as there are no rims and extra stainless steel is not visible.
74. Even with the pompous modern kitchen ideas, some will still consider the traditional way of kitchen designing.
75. The appeal of glass-front cabinets in country kitchens. They allow homeowners to showcase favorite china patterns or collections. Color-coordinated dinnerware looks especially pleasing behind glass.
Read also – Best Teen Bedroom Ideas
76. Large kitchen with marble countertops and white cabinets which goes perfectly with the overall design of the kitchen.
77. A large kitchen connected to the garden has a lot of natural light coming in in the morning and yellow pendant lights to make it aesthetic at night.
78. The warm, welcoming feeling we get when we see beaded-board paneling or a deep farmhouse sink may stem from a fond childhood memory of grandmother’s house. This kitchen also has warm earthy tones.
Read also – Best Office Partition Ideas
79. This is the new handleless kitchen by Siematic.
80. U-shaped luxurious large kitchen with pendant lights.
81. Coastal Interiors for houses near the beach.
Read also – Best Wardrobe Design Ideas
82. Ultra-modern white kitchen design with unique sitting areas. Connected to the garden making it perfect for Bright, sunny mornings.
To sum it up, Kitchen designs are inspirations. They inspire the soul to welcome beauty. A good-looking kitchen defines a sound, happy family. So, the modern design of the kitchen is crucial to a modern house.
Goddess Interiors LLC
Using Foyr Neo is as easy as 1, 2, 3. First, upload a floor plan or create one from scratch. Then drag and drop from over 60K 3D models to fill your rooms. Lastly, just set the shot and let the AI create stunning 4K renders for you in less than 10 minutes.Start your 14-day free trial